Everybody wants an edge. And hey, everybody needs one. Small businesses launch and die too often. Even if you’re among the lucky ones that thrive, there are no guarantees for the future.
The best way to beat your competition hasn’t changed since business started. Just create a killer product or service, delight your customers, and do it all profitably. However, you’d be naïve to think that simply being good is enough to win in business.
Just ask Ned Stark from “Game of Thrones.”
You have to know what your competition is doing. It’s too easy to get blindsided otherwise. And, ideally, you need to beat them at their own game.
Content marketing is particularly well suited for this. Here’s why: Here’s what you can learn about another company’s content marketing program:
• What they publish (both on their blog and anywhere else)
• How well what they publish does on social media
• Which keywords they rank for
• What they’re doing with pay-per-click advertising, which terms they bid on, what they pay for it, and their ad copy
• Whether their social media following is growing or shrinking, and how engaged they are
• How their site performs
• Where their links are and when they got them
Sound good? Let’s dive in.
Read More >