News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
B2B Marketers See Thought Leadership as a Top Priority
Business Marketing Association / December 5, 2013
According to a report recently published by UK-based digital agency Omobono and in conjunction with the Business Marketing Association (BMA), the top three priorities for effective B2B digital marketing – particularly in the US – includes strengthening thought leadership, deepening customer relationships and raising brand awareness.
The study, titled What Works Where USA, explores how B2B digital marketers are behaving and the effectiveness of their approach. In past studies, Omobono has focused on UK B2B behaviors and, by joining forces with BMA, “What Works Where USA,” addresses how B2B marketers in the US are tackling the challenges they face.
The research was based on a detailed survey of US B2B marketers, screened to ensure their involvement in their organization’s B2B digital activity. The results are based on the views of those with significant responsibility for both budget and strategy. Responses came from a wide range of industry sectors, from utilities to construction, with a large number of responses from those in technology, engineering and manufacturing, and professional services.
The What Works Where USA study focused on:
- Marketers’ objectives
- Digital solutions used to achieve objectives
- How marketers view the effectiveness of what they do and the techniques they use to achieve objectives
- How much is required of marketers to reach audiences beyond their normal targets
- Additional challenges – whether technology or wider goals
- Global views – how far US marketers are being asked to target other geographies
- A close look at interactive channels – social media and mobile