News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
2013 Top Ten Public Works Leaders Announced by APWA
APWA / PUBLIC WORKS / May 8, 2013
Marking the 53rd anniversary of the award, the American Public Works Association (APWA) announced the Top Ten Public Works Leaders of 2013. Awardees receive one of the most coveted and prestigious awards presented by APWA.
Award recipients include:
- Wylie Bearup, P.E., Ph.D. – Street Transportation Director/City Engineer, City of Phoenix, AZ.
- Julia Bueren – Public Works Director, Contra Costa County, CA.
- Christopher B. Burke, Ph.D., P.W., D.WRE, F.ASCE – Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Rosemont, IL.
- John Edlebeck, P.E. – Director of Public Works/City Engineer, City of Waupaca, WI.
- Melissa Gentry, P.E., MBA. – Assistant City Manager for Operations, City of Columbia, SC.
- William Hadley – Public Works Director, Town of Lexington, MA.
- Donald Jacobovitz, P.E., PWLF – Public Works Director, Putnam County, FL.
- Howard Lazarus, P.E., PWLF. – Director of Public Works, City of Austin, TX.
- Thomas Montgomery – Public Works Director, City of Hastings, MN.
- Allen Persons –Director of Public Works, Village of Plainfield, IL.