News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
The Most Important Thing You Need to Know About Infographics
Barry Feldman / socialmedia today / September 8, 2013
The volume of infographics goes up more than 1% each day. I must confess: I never saw the attraction. It’s not like I didn’t realize infographics had become raging hot. I just didn’t get what the big deal was.
I mean, you take a subject worthy of content creation, sprinkle in some icons, graphs and such and what do you have? A little picture show? A decorated article? A busy page?
What’s so great about these things?
People love them.
There you go. Again, people love them. That’s all you need to know.
They devour them. They rave about them. They save them. They actually collect them. Most importantly, they share them.
We could get into the psychology of it all, but why complicate the issue? And why question it?
Create an interesting infographic and you draw a crowd. You build authority. You accomplish precisely what we strive for as content marketers.
So, since people love them, you should create them. Case closed.
I’m in now.
- Demonstrate expertise on your topic
- Stand out amongst less visually interesting formats
- Take advantage of the fact that 90% of information enters your brain visually
- Help visualize statistics for easy understanding
- Often go viral—or at the very least—are readily shared
- Get increased mileage when you provide the code to embed them
- Encourage links back to your site to generate higher traffic
- Help heighten brand awareness