News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
Leading the Recovery
Peter Goldstone, CEO / Hanley Wood / July 10, 2013
Good news… the construction and design industries are trending up! But the marketing landscape is forever changed. Like you, Hanley Wood is aggressively changing and disrupting our business model. The residential, commercial design and construction industries are recovering from a massive recession, which has compelled us to rethink how we serve you, our customers. Our goal is to “lead the recovery.” This evolution means the next chapter of our company’s history will not resemble the last.
In 2012 we saw significant growth in our data, event and digital businesses. Our focus going forward is to position the company for that moment when market forces align and everyone knows it’s “go-time.” We ask ourselves each day if what we are doing is creating engagement with our audience that will result in a profitable outcome that helps you grow your business. If not, why do it?
Our priorities for 2013 are:
- Invest in the delivery of data that provides important market insight, so you can respond to market opportunities quickly and effectively
- Build robust digital assets to increase engagement with our audiences that provide you new opportunities through lead generation, online education, social and mobile solutions
- Expand our strategic marketing services expertise to deliver end-to-end content solutions that help you convert prospects into customers
- Leverage our convening power to support our must-attend, world-class, face-to-face events
- Extend the power of our trusted brands to serve our markets daily online, monthly in print and episodically in person
We are reinventing Hanley Wood in all areas:
- Portfolio and platforms
- Content organization and workflow process
- Sales organization and go to market strategy
- The value proposition of our products and services
Going forward, we will lead with data-driven solutions that help you define your future. We will support your efforts to become a “lean-forward” organization that capitalizes on the exciting recovery of the residential, commercial design and construction markets.
One way we will begin to expand our conversation with you is through the launch of our new weekly Insights newsletter. This new resource is our way of keeping the conversation going with you – sharing industry and marketing news as only Hanley Wood can. Look for it in your inbox.
As always, I am eager to hear from you. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few articles I recommend:
Disrupt or Be Disrupted
Business disruption has become a hot topic.It’s not just a passing trend, it’s the new normal. A decade ago business disruption was the rare exception, it is now reality on a regular basis.
strategy + business
The value of functions is undeniable; no company could do without them. But the business and organizational models that govern functions need updating. The most important business practices and collaborations no longer fall neatly into decades-old groupings.
Welcoming The Chief Disruption Officer: A New Face At The Boardroom Table
Business Computing World
Businesses today increasingly views technologies like big data as being disruptive. The disruption forces organizations to look at new routes to market and new business models. Disruptive should be seen as a positive way to inspire new thinking about business issues.