News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
Survey: B2B Buyers Say Content Truly is King
Demand Gen Report / January 29, 2014
While B2B buyers strategically browse social media discussions during their research, web search remains a top source of information. Additionally, nearly two-thirds of buyers indicate that content had a significant influence on a decision. While the buying process is getting longer and buyers continued to wait to engage with sales, B2B buyers are more satisfied with the process than they were a year ago.
Those are just some of the results of Demand Gen Report’s 2014 B2B Buyer Behavior Survey. A total of 150 B2B buyers were involved in a major purchase during the past 12 months, revealing some significant trends that impact the purchasing process:
• The number of respondents who said they were satisfied with their last purchasing experience surged by 57% over 2012 totals;
• As many as 40% of respondents said they waited longer than last year to initiate contact with B2B vendors;
• As many as 34% of respondents said the number of team members involved in the B2B purchase process increased over the past year;
• Almost two thirds (64%) of respondents said the winning vendor’s content had a significant impact on their buying decision;and
• More than two thirds (68%) of respondents agreed that the number of sources used to research and evaluate purchase has increased over the past year. These findings – along with many other insights from the report – explain some of the trends that are taking place throughout the B2B purchasing spectrum,which includes increasing buyer awareness of purchasing options and a growing need for vendors to produce engaging educational content at every touch point.