News & Opinions
The latest news and insights from Hanley Wood’s outspoken experts and key thought-leaders throughout the residential and commercial design and construction industry.
Howard J. Sewell / Business2Community / January 8, 2014
It’s a new year, so what better time to get your demand generation strategy “in shape” for improved performance? Here are my candidates for 10 strategies that offer real potential for low risk/high reward:
1. Improve campaign measurement.
Measuring opens and clicks may tell you something about email performance, but it says nothing about the impact that email campaign had on qualified leads, or opportunities, or revenue. This year, take your reporting up a notch and make a commitment to show the true impact that your programs have on the company’s bottom line. If you don’t have thatRead More
Lee Kern / B2BOnline.com / December 2, 2013
By 2015, over 70% of all demand generation will come from inbound marketing strategies, as predicted by SiriusDecisions. After completing an extensive review of demand generation trends and practices worldwide, it’s easy to see why. Two key findings resonate most strongly when the dust begins to settle:
First, there are four increasingly relevant truths about today’s consumer attitudes and behaviors that must be used as a constant filter when evaluating the new demand generation ecosystem.
Second, the purchasing behaviors resulting from these new truths, when combinedRead More
Demand Gen Report / November 19, 2013
In Demand Gen Report’s 2013 Content Preferences Survey, B2B buyers revealed that they rely on content more than ever before at all stages of the buying cycle. Trustworthy content that demonstrates value and relies on hard data wins the day over the all-too-typical sales messages.
Some of the study’s significant findings:
- Most of the common content formats gained in popularity, with white papers and webinars still the most popular;
- Buyers rely heavily on the web in early-stage research, so SEO continues to play a crucial role;
- While social continues to capture attention, some channels,
Mike Telem / CustomerThink.com / October 29, 2013
Content marketing and digital advertising may continue to attract investments from marketers, but a more comprehensive approach and strategy will increase the impact of those investments.
Account-Based Marketing (ABM ) is a proven strategy that focuses sales and marketing efforts on targeting the accounts most likely to generate revenue. ABM allows marketers to scale growth and revenue by generating marketing-sourced deals. By targeting your most desired accounts and attracting them with personalized messaging, you’ll increase customer acquisition and also penetrate newRead More
Patrick Spenner / Forbes.com / October 21, 2013
Pick up a white paper from most any marketing automation supplier or read a blog post from a content marketing guru, and the conventional wisdom goes something like this.
- It’s an increasingly noisy world, so just breaking through to B2B buyers is tough
- To break through, you need GREAT content. Great content isn’t about you, it’s about the customer.
- In fact, it’s not about the demo-firmographic customer (CIOs at companies larger than $100M in revenue), it’s about buyer archetypes or personas, and their individual pain points and objectives. Businesses don’t make purchase